R Kelly breaks silence over sex abuse accusations: ‘This is not me’

The star tearfully denies sexual abuse in the first TV interview since his arrest.
BBC News – Entertainment & Arts

SPECIAL DISCOUNT UPDATE:


Gucci Issues Apology in Wake of Blackface Accusations

MILAN – Facing accusations that a balaclava-style sweater available on its online shop and physical stores evoked blackface, Gucci issued a statement on Thursday through its Twitter account.
“We consider diversity to be a fundamental value to be fully upheld, respected, and at the forefront of every decision we make,” the statement read.
The black knit top is a turtleneck style covering the bottom half of the face with a cutout and giant red lips around the mouth. The item is no longer available on the brand’s online shop and the company said it was removed it from brick-and-mortar stores, as well.
“We are fully committed to increasing diversity throughout our organization and turning this incident into a powerful learning moment for the Gucci team and beyond,” the company remarked.

Gucci deeply apologizes for the offense caused by the wool balaclava jumper.We consider diversity to be a fundamental value to be fully upheld, respected, and at the forefront of every decision we make. Full statement below. pic.twitter.com/P2iXL9uOhs
— gucci (@gucci) February 7, 2019

Social media users, especially on Twitter, expressed a wave of disapproval.
“Balaclava knit top by Gucci. Happy Black History Month y’all,” wrote Rashida, pointing to the annual observance in the U.S. and Canada celebrating

Follow WWD on Twitter or become a fan on Facebook.

Read More…
WWDWWD
Milanoo.com Ltd

On Comedy: Should Aziz Ansari and Louis C.K. Talk About Accusations Onstage?

The comics are taking opposite tacks as they return, but the art of comedy relies on personas. What happens when those constructs no longer ring true?
NYT > Arts

SPECIAL TRAVEL DISCOUNTS:
Orbitz Worldwide Inc

Many Accusations, Few Apologies

The fashion industry continues to weather allegations of sexual harassment and assault, and its muted response has many wondering about the future.
NYT > Fashion & Style

SPECIAL ONLINE DEALS!

Kenneth Cole Productions, Inc.

James Franco Is Calling Exes, Plans to Attend SAG Awards in Wake of Accusations

James Franco is digging into his past in the wake of allegations of sexually inappropriate behavior.

“James has been reaching out to former girlfriends for the past month asking about his behavior,” a source tells PEOPLE. “He’s known this was coming and was trying to get ahead of the story.”

Following news of the allegations, Franco, 39, took a step back from the spotlight — even skipping the Critics Choice Awards last week where he won the Best Actor honor for his role in The Disaster Artist.

But despite being a no-show, Franco is still set to attend the Screen Actors Guild Awards this weekend, where he is nominated for Best Actor.

“There is no reason to believe that he won’t be there,” says a source close to Franco.

During a recent appearance on Late Night with Seth Meyers, the actor addressed the sexual harassment allegations issued by a number of women on Twitter after wearing a Time’s Up pin at the Golden Globe Awards.

“There are people that need to be heard,” the actor told Meyers. “I have my own side of this story, but I believe in these people that have been underrepresented getting their stories out enough that I will hold back things that I could say, just because I believe in it that much,” he said. “So if I have to take a knock because I’m not going to try and actively refute things, then I will, because I believe in it that much.”

In an article published in the Los Angeles Times on Jan. 11, five women accused the actor of abusing his power as an acting teacher and mentor in a sexually exploitative manner. In it, two students claimed the actor would often become angry on set when they would refuse to film topless while another former acting student at the film school Franco founded said he once removed safety guards while filming an oral sex scene on the set of the 2015 film The Long Home.

Additionally, actress Violet Paley recounted her previous social media claims that Franco exposed himself and tried to pressure her into oral sex. Though she said they had a consensual relationship, Paley said: “that time wasn’t consensual.” She also alleged that he told her friend to meet him in a hotel when the friend was 17.

Franco’s attorney, Michael Plonsker, denied each of the women’s allegations, and cited Franco’s comments on The Late Show with Stephen Colbert on Tuesday as his formal denial.

“Look, in my life I pride myself on taking responsibility for things that I have done,” Franco told Colbert. “I have to do that to maintain my well being. The things that I heard that were on Twitter are not accurate. But I completely support people coming out and being able to have a voice because they didn’t have a voice for so long. So I don’t want to shut them down in any way.”


PEOPLE.com

Fashion Deals Update:

Met Opera Suspends James Levine After New Sexual Abuse Accusations

The company is investigating its revered conductor after three men came forward with accusations that he abused them when they were teenagers.
NYT > Arts

SPECIAL TRAVEL DISCOUNTS:
Orbitz Worldwide Inc

Louis C.K. Responds to Accusations: ‘These Stories Are True’

The comedian released a statement in response to five women who said they had upsetting experiences with him involving sexual misconduct.
NYT > Arts

SPECIAL TRAVEL DISCOUNTS:
Orbitz Worldwide Inc

Brett Ratner: Director denies accusations of sexual harassment

Six women have made claims about the Hollywood director in an LA Times article.
BBC News – Entertainment & Arts

SPECIAL DISCOUNT UPDATE:


Decades of Sexual Harassment Accusations Against Harvey Weinstein

An investigation by The New York Times found allegations stretching back to 1990 about Mr. Weinstein’s treatment of women in Hollywood.
NYT > Arts

SPECIAL TRAVEL DISCOUNTS:
Orbitz Worldwide Inc