Donald Trump Claims He Rejected TIME’s Person of the Year and Stars Have Hilarious Reactions

Despite being named TIME’s Person of the Year in 2016, President Donald Trump is taking himself out of the running for 2017 and everyone is talking about it.

The 71-year-old Commander in Chief tweeted that the magazine had “called to say that I was PROBABLY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year,” like last year, but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot.”

Trump continued, writing, “I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway!”

The publication later responded to his tweet making it clear that Trump was mistaken, “The president is incorrect about how we choose Person of the Year. TIME does not comment on our choice until publication, which is December 6.”

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

While Trump received the title last year (and made visitors to his golf clubs believed he’d been on the cover before in fake TIME covers that lined his walls) celebrities couldn’t help but tweet their own two cents on the matter on Friday night.

Julia Louis Dreyfus tweeted, “@nytimes just called to say I was PROBABLY going to be named comedienne of the year but I would have to agree to an interview and a major photo shoot. I said probably is no good and took a pass. Thanks anyway! @andy_murray.”

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Christina Applegate responded to Dreyfus, tweeting, “Mama it’s so weird. They just called me to say I’m the grossest mom of the year because I haven’t washed my hair in a week. Awesome.”

Star Wars: The Last Jedi star Mark Hamill also joked he was contacted by TIME, but only on the condition that he reveal movie spoilers before the Dec. 15 release of the highly-anticipated film.

“Time Magazine called to say that I was DEFINITELY going to be named “Man (Person) of the Year” but I would have to agree to leak major #Ep8 spoilers,” Hamill tweeted. “I said “no problem”, but then they told me you turned it down and now I don’t want it anymore. Thanks anyway!”

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

Oscar-winner Patricia Arquette had a suggestion for Trump, tweeting, “You can always print yourself another fake cover.”

Grey’s Anatomy showrunner Krista Vernoff, profession tennis player Andy Murray, and Dan Pfeiffer who was former senior adviser to Barack Obama also tweeted responses to the president either criticizing him or making a joke based on his original tweet.

TIME’s Person of the Year will be revealed on Dec. 6.


PEOPLE.com

Fashion Deals Update:

Stockholm Truck Attack Suspect Identified as Rejected Asylum-Seeker from Uzbekistan

(STOCKHOLM) — The Stockholm truck attack suspect from Uzbekistan was a rejected asylum-seeker who eluded authorities’ attempts to deport him by giving police a wrong address, Swedish police said Sunday while announcing the arrest of a second suspect.

Jan Evensson of the Stockholm police told a televised news conference that the 39-year-old suspect’s request for a residence permit was rejected in June 2016 but police could not find him to send him back to his native country because he was not at the address he had given. On Feb. 24, he was formally sought after by Swedish police.

“We know he has been sympathetic to extremist organizations,” said Jonas Hysing of Sweden’s national police. He declined to name the suspect, who had been arrested within hours of Friday’s attack on shoppers in Stockholm.

Swedish prosecutors on Sunday arrested a second person in connection with the truck attack case for suspected crimes against the nation and were holding four other people.

“A person suspected of terrorist offenses by murder has been arrested,” spokeswoman Karin Rosander told The Associated Press. She did not give any further details about the new suspect.

In all, Evensson said authorities have questioned over 500 people in the investigation so far.

• Want to keep up with the latest crime coverage? Click here to get breaking crime news, ongoing trial coverage and details of intriguing unsolved cases in the True Crime Newsletter.

The four victims killed in Friday’s truck attack on shoppers in the Swedish capital included a British man, a Belgian woman and two Swedes, authorities in those countries said. Their identities were not released.

The Belgian news agency Belga said the Belgian woman had been reported missing and was first identified by her identity papers and later by DNA testing.

As of Sunday, 10 of the 15 people wounded in the truck attack remained hospitalized, including one child. Stockholm county spokesman Patrik Soderberg said four of the 10 were considered “seriously” injured and the remaining six, including the child, were slightly injured.

Soderberg said it was important that caregivers continue to give “long-term psychological support to those who need it.”

One of the wounded, an 83-year-old Romanian woman who was begging on the city’s pedestrian Drottninggatan shopping street when the attack took place, says she was “surprised” that by-passers helped her.

“I thought everyone would run past me and save themselves,” Papusa Ciuraru, whose foot was crushed by a boulder displaced by the speeding truck, told the Expressen daily.

Speaking from her bed at the Saint Goran hospital in Stockholm, she said she “thought a war was going on” because “people around me were screaming.”

The lion-shaped boulders on Drottninggatan are meant as roadblocks and have been put up in several European capitals after another truck attack last year killed 12 people at a Christmas market in Berlin.

Ciuraru, who expects to be released Monday from the hospital, said she “tried to get up and run but got a huge rock over my leg.”

Meanwhile, the famous Swedish department store that was rammed Friday by a stolen beer truck apologized for an announcement that it would reopen two days after the deadly attack to sell damaged goods at a “reduced price.”

The Ahlens department store called the move “a bad decision” on its Facebook page. It said its motivation “was born out of the idea of standing up for transparency and not allowing evil forces take control of our lives.”

The store said it would reopen Monday “without any damaged goods.”

A fire broke out Friday afternoon at the store after the truck smashed into shoppers at its entrance on Drottninggatan street. It was quickly put out by firefighters.

Police held raids overnight to bring other people in for questioning as authorities investigated the deadliest attack in Stockholm in years. Sweden’s SAPO security police said it was working to find “any abettor or network involved in the attack.”

“We have a lot of people who are being taken to police offices throughout Stockholm for questioning,” police spokesman Kjell Lindgren told The Associated Press. “(We are doing) all the things that are necessary to make a good investigation. That means we are going to continue to check objects, people, vehicles and so on.”

Stockholm city officials, meanwhile, had to moved thousands of flowers at a makeshift memorial to a nearby square after an aluminum fence outside the Ahlens department store was overwhelmed with tributes and threatened to collapse.

The fence had been put up to keep people away from the broken glass and twisted metal at the attack site, and to allow forensic experts and police to gather evidence.

Boards were put on the store’s damaged front, and people were seen writing mourning messages directly on the boards.

Thousands of people have come to the Stockholm crash site, including the prime minister, several government officials and Sweden’s crown princess, to lay flowers and light candles in memory of the truck attack victims.

This article originally appeared in Time.com


PEOPLE.com

Fashion Deals Update:

Patrick Stewart Defends Northern Irish Bakery That Rejected ‘Support Gay Marriage’ Cake

“Star Trek” icon Patrick Stewart has come to the defense of Northern Ireland’s Ashers Bakery, which was found guilty of discrimination last month after refusing to prepare a cake decorated with a same-sex marriage slogan.

The case made headlines in 2014 after Belfast-based activist Gareth Lee requested a cake featuring “Sesame Street” characters, along with the message, “Support Gay Marriage.” Although the bakery’s owners initially accepted the order, they called two days later to cancel it, citing their religious beliefs.

In response, Stewart called the Ashers case “a deliciously difficult” subject in an interview with BBC’s Newsnight, adding that he “found himself on the side of the bakers” because nobody should be forced to write politically-relevant text that they didn’t support.

“It was not because it was a gay couple that they objected. It was not because they were celebrating some sort of marriage or an agreement between them,” Stewart is quoted as saying. “It was the actual words on the cake that they objected to, because they found them offensive.”

He went on to note, “I would support their rights to say, ‘No, this is personally offensive to my beliefs, I will not do it.'”

The remarks may come as a surprise to some fans of Stewart, who has previously spoken out in defense of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender (LGBT) community. In January, the actor said his background in theater made him a natural LGBT advocate.

“I think this is where the theater is such an appealing world, because it embraces everything and always has. So there was never a moment where I made an intellectual choice that I would be a supporter of gay civil rights,” he said at the time. “It was always a natural and uncomplicated choice.”

H/T The Independent

— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

Entertainment – The Huffington Post
Visit Gabby Love today for the hottest fashion entertainment online!
Ashley Madison - Have an affair. Married Dating, Affairs, Married Women, Extramarital Affair

This Is What It Looks Like To Get Rejected On National Television

Getting turned down for a date is humiliating. Getting turned down for a date on national television is the kind of next-level humiliation that haunts you for the rest of your life.

That’s what happened on the latest episode of “The Graham Norton Show,” when a poor, poor man named Thomas asked Jessica, a woman in the audience, out on a date. Apparently, Jessica had already postponed a date with Thomas so she could see Kylie Minogue on Graham’s show.

Little did Jessica know, ol’ Tommy boy was backstage, ready and willing to ask her out again. Little did Thomas know, he was about to get rejected again, only this time on TV. Stone cold.

Watch the clip above to see the cringe-worthy segment in its entirety.

Keep in touch! Check out HuffPost Divorce on Facebook and Twitter. Sign up for our newsletter here.

— This feed and its contents are the property of The Huffington Post, and use is subject to our terms. It may be used for personal consumption, but may not be distributed on a website.

Comedy – The Huffington Post
ENTERTAINMENT NEWS-Visit Mobile Playboy today for the hottest adult entertainment online!