Depending on who you ask, Whole Foods is continuing to live up to the unfortunate nickname — “Whole Paycheck” — that cost-conscious shoppers bestowed on it. We’re referring in this case to a leaked email obtained by The Wall Street Journal, which showed that even with Amazon’s deep pockets, Whole Foods is apparently quietly rising prices on many items. The reason being — well, even Whole Foods is not immune to challenges facing its industry peers, with the leaked email noting that the grocer feels the need to keep hiking prices to cover rising costs.
BGR Top Deals:
- Amazon Echo dropped to its lowest price of 2019 for Valentine’s Day
- The Instant Pot of air fryers is $ 55 off right now on Amazon
Trending Right Now:
- Key Apple supplier might’ve just leaked the iPhone 11’s most exciting new feature
- New ‘Avengers: Endgame’ leak delivers multiple important spoilers
- New report claims to reveal the exact release date for Apple’s new AirPods 2
Whole Foods is raising prices less than two years after Amazon’s acquisition originally appeared on BGR.com on Tue, 12 Feb 2019 at 16:50:10 EDT. Please see our terms for use of feeds.
BEST DEAL UPDATE: